Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
--Kiwanis defining statement, adopted October 2004.
The mission of the Kiwanis Club of Pacific Grove is to improve the lives of children and their communities. The Kiwanis Club of Pacific Grove is a private, charitable organization, dedicated to improving the lives of children, and their communities, in the Pacific Grove California Area of Kiwanis International. Working with members of the Kiwanis Cal-Nev-Ha Family and our network of six children's hospitals, we achieve our mission through a variety of programs and services. Together, with our partners in service, we are changing the world one child and one community at a time.
The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.